Wednesday, October 05, 2005

What I'm Working On Right Now...


I decided to post a picture of one of the weddings I'm currently Photoshopping so you can all see what a wedding looks like inside a Catholic Cathedral without using flash.

This wedding took place on Sept 17, 2005.

Ok, I admit it... I just wanted to try posting a photo... :) But at least you get to see something other than just reading my ramblings!

This image was taken with custom white balance... a technique that can be used to get precise color balancing with digital cameras. It isn’t often used by many photographers because it does take a few extra minutes. But look at the results…..so worth it. Don’t you agree? I use a special filter that is placed over the lens to calibrate the camera. Then, all images taken with the same lighting conditions will have the correct balance. Even with this advanced technique, often the images are not absolutely perfect. So, I then take the image into a computer program that allows me to correct for any discrepancies in the color balance again. Through this multiple step process, you end up with a perfectly balanced light. And, the lighting is perfectly even from the front to the back of the church. Cool, huh?! Try THAT with a flash!

So when the church does not allow flash photography during the ceremony... don't worry. I've got you covered. :)

By the way, this shot was handheld as well... no tripod! And, for those camera buffs, it was shot with a Nikon 12-24mm f4.0 DX lens set at 13mm with a Fujifilm S3 Pro 12.3 MP camera.

1 comment:

russlowe said...

Thanks to photographer Mike Allie in Michigan who suggested I start a BLOG. He's been helping critique my site and offering great suggestions on making it better.