Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Things I've Done At Weddings

I've done SO MANY different things at weddings, it will amaze you.

Here's the list:

1. Vocalist - I've sung at many weddings in the past.
2. Guitarist - I've also played my guitar as an instrumentalist at weddings.
3. Guitarist / Vocalist (Receptions) - I've played many wedding receptions with my band.
4. Photographer - We all know this one...
5. Best Man - Been there, done that...
6. Usher - When I'm not best man, I get to be an usher...
7. Scripture Reader - Best job at the wedding...
8. Groom - yes... I'm married...
9. Driver - ok... I didn't get to drive a limo, but I have driven my own car with the Bride & Groom inside.

I figure if I get one of those internet licenses, maybe I can perform wedding ceremonies too! How cool would it be if I did this:

Usher people into the wedding, stand up with the other groomsmen, play my guitar as the bride enters the room, get up and read some scripture passages, sing a song or two, perform the ceremony, take the photos during the ceremony and reception, drive the happy couple around the block, and play with the band during the reception!

Now if only I could bake the cake, do the flower arrangements and cater the reception while coordinating everything too, I'd be a one-stop vendor! :)

No comments: