Wednesday, November 30, 2005

"Where Is Your Camera?"

I’m often asked this question.

It seems just because I am a professional photographer, everyone thinks my camera should be with me everywhere I go. Now for some photographers that’s probably the case. But not me.

Why? Because I’m a WEDDING photographer! I’ve never been shopping and found a need to quickly take photographs of people who might be getting married in the produce aisle of my local grocery store! :)

But there are times you WILL see me with a camera. I have it with me at all of my daughter’s school events. I have it with me at most family gatherings as well. I usually have it with me at any special event my church is sponsoring. You get the idea. I use my camera just like you probably use your camera. (BTW, I could have said, "You get the picture," but that was too easy...)

I usually bring with me the same cameras that I use for weddings, but I do have a point and shoot digital camera besides my huge SLR cameras. I have a Fuji F10 which seems to be the Point & Shoot camera of choice for many professional photographers. Why? Because you can take very low light photos with it without using your flash. For the technically minded, it will easily shoot at ISO 800 and with just a little more noise at ISO 1600. And, it has a very low shutter lag (the time it takes to shoot a picture when you depress the shutter release button.) It’s got a large 2.5 inch LCD screen to use to frame your shots and review the ones you’ve just taken. Plus, it does great looking videos too. It’s very impressive for a P&S camera for under $300. A new version, the F11 will be out soon. It will add more manual controls to the camera, but will probably sell for around $400 initially (just my guess).

Actually, the Fuji F10 is my wife’s camera since I bought it for her. But guess who uses it most? Funny how that works out, huh? :)

No comments: