Friday, December 16, 2005

"Backdrops? We don't need no stinking backdrops!"


Here is a shot from a recent wedding. I think it's much more dynamic than shooting with a backdrop and studio lights!

Although I have the ability to bring backdrops and studio lights with me, I often tell my clients not to do it. Why? Because I'd rather use the natural settings of the reception hall to tell the story of where you had your reception. And, those backdrop shots just make it look like something you did at a local Sears or JC Penny!

This shot was taken at Meridian banquet hall in Rolling Meadows. It features a great natural backdrop! Don't ask me what it is that the bride is standing in front of. I have no clue what it's called! It's not a fountain, but sure looks like one. :)

By the way, what western movie was the famous line, "We don't need badges!" taken from? Everyone thinks the line is, "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!" But that's not the actual line from the movie!

1 comment:

russlowe said...

Well I finally found out the name of the movie... "The Treasure of the Siera Madre." The movie came out in 1948.

Can't confirm if the actual line from the movie is this, but this is what I saw posted on one of the photography forums I frequent...

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

:)