Monday, March 27, 2006

Photographers At A Biker's Bar


Last night, a bunch of photographer friends of mine got together for dinner at the Twisted Spoke restaurant / bar on Ogden in Chicago.

I thought this shot was hilarious because here are a bunch of professional photographers gathered together being photographed with a point & shoot digital camera given to our waitress! (Photo courtesy of Roger Beck)

While we were there, somebody asked, "Hey, anyone bring a camera besides me?" Within seconds, a bunch of cameras get whipped out! What a laugh! I said, "Man... we're such nerds!" The next thing you know, everyone's taking pictures! I felt a little sorry for the other patrons there because not only were flashes going off every few seconds, we were kind of loud too! All in good fun though...

Anyway, we were discussing weddings and business in general and the topic of blogs came up. It seems several of these photographers visit my blog regularly. So I asked, "Hey, how come you guys don't make any comments on my blog?" Hopefully I won't live to regret this since one of the guys said he might place some comments on here. THAT could be scary! In retaliation, I threated to delete his comments if it got too raunchy!

:)

Anyway, I had a great time last night just hanging out with a bunch of fun people and going to a biker's bar. I felt a little out of place though... I don't own a Harley or a leather jacket. And I don't think driving up in a Lexus counts for much here either! I'm just glad we didn't go at midnight on a Saturday night! (See the restaurant's website for more details if you dare... but I warn you it's not suitable for anyone under 18. It's under the link called "Smut and Eggs." The title of that link should give you a clue without even visiting the website...) Why do we meet on a Sunday? Because many of us are shooting weddings on Saturdays!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time -- and I too felt odd going to a biker bar.

My photos: http://leebase.smugmug.com/gallery/1309816

Lee

russlowe said...

Maybe we're just getting too old! :)

Jason Kaczorowski said...

Great get-together Russ. Thanks for taking the bull by the horns and organizing another fun & exciting event!

See ya'll again in 3-4 months. Have a great season!

- Jason Kaczorowski
www.jasonkaczorowski.com
http://eventphotoblog.blogspot.com/

russlowe said...

Thanks Jason! I know you will be busy too during the coming months. Hopefully we'll have time to squeeze in another get-together during the heart of "wedding season!"

Russ

Anonymous said...

I had a fun time! Great to see new faces. Looking forward to the next one ^_^

-Oscar

russlowe said...

Glad you had a good time Oscar!

It was interesting to see you at my last wedding too!

Russ

Note: I was finishing our photoshoot at Old St. Patrick's Church when Oscar came in to help shoot the next wedding at the church! What a coincidence!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

I would love to attend the next get together...please let me know when and where it will take place. My email is danmohiuddin@hotmail.com. Thanks!