Monday, March 20, 2006

Two Views



Which view do you like better?

These images are from Saturday's wedding at Old St. Patrick's Church in Chicago.

What a beautiful church! The view from the balcony was especially exciting, so I photographed the view at 17mm (top photo) and at 10.5mm (bottom photo). The 10.5mm is a fisheye lens. The fisheye provides an angle of view of 180 degrees.

I've shown other fisheye images on this blog before. But I never tire of the cool view that can be had with this lens. As a specialty lens, it's not for everything. But when you have a church that looks like Old St. Patrick's Church, it just begs for something a little different.

And yes... the back pews are supposed to be curved! It's built that way.

:)

2 comments:

Howard Kier, MBA, CPP, ABI said...

Russ,

Can I borrow that lens. I promise to return it when I'm done with it in about 20 years!

russlowe said...

Looks like you prefer the look of the fisheye, Howard!

It's a nice effect... not for all shots, but for those shots that could use it, the lens really does make the shot look fabulous!

And no, you can't borrow it... get your own! :) I need it for all my weddings... lol