Wednesday, March 01, 2006

"What Happens If You Get Sick?"

I think this is probably the number one question I get whenever I meet with a new potential client!

In all these years, I have never missed a wedding in which I had been booked. But of course, the possibility obviously exists where I could be so sick that I cannot make it to your wedding. We are all human after all.

Never fear! I am part of a group of local area photographers who meet on a quarterly basis to share ideas and encourage each other. And, we back each other up in the event one of us gets sick at the last moment and can't make a wedding date.

In recent months, I have been asked to back up one member of our group in the event he got snowed in on a trip and could not make it back in time for a booking he had. I agreed to help... but luckily, he was able to make it back in time and nothing happened. But he did contact his client to say that I had agreed to fill in for him in the event something happened. That put his client's mind at ease. We do look out for each other...

So don't worry... if I get so sick that I can't make your wedding... I've got you covered. But contractually, if this were to happen you can either cancel your contract with me and get your money back, or simply let me help pick a substitute for me. It's your choice.

By the way, I have gone to weddings in the past where I was not feeling well, but with the adrenaline kicking in, have covered the wedding just like I normally would. Nobody was the wiser. Then I go home and collapse...

It takes a lot to keep me away from a wedding I have promised to do... I'd have to be dying or dead not to be there...

:)

No comments: