Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Bridezillas

Is there such a thing as a "Bridezilla?" What a derogatory term!

We've all heard of the term. You know, the bride that's just "out of control." Or some are too much "in control" to where they are very difficult to work with.

I get asked all the time if I've ever had to work with a Bridezilla. It seems other brides want to know if there really is such a thing...

Unfortunately, some brides can get to be this way. Luckily, I've only had to deal with just a handful in my time. But I made the best of the situations and I think we all got along pretty well.

But I do recall one wedding where the bridesmaids were telling me that they couldn't wait for the day to be over.

That's really sad.

Afterall, this should be the happiest day for the bride and groom and their guests and bridal party should be just as happy for them. But sometimes the pressures of the day can get the best of the bride (and sometimes the groom) and they become a bridezilla.

Don't let this happen at your wedding! Just remember that even if things don't go as planned, nobody else will know this except you. Most everyone else has no clue what should happen and what shouldn't.

A recent bride told me, "We'll just go with the flow." Great attitude! If you do this, you'll be much happier at your wedding... and so will your guests and your bridal party.

I've never heard of a "Groomzilla" though... is there such a thing?

No comments: