Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Practice Makes Perfect...

I know there are quite a few professional wedding photographers that check my blog regularly because many of them have told me so. To me, that's very cool.

Recently one of them told me that he really liked my blog because it inspires him in his business. That's great! It seems my blog is helping not only my clients and future clients, but also other pros as well.

So to those who check my blog and shoot professionally... here's some advice... "Practice Makes Perfect" and "Network With Others."

This is why you'll find me on the photography forums, attending seminars, organizing get-togethers with our peers and reading photography magazines. Sure, you may say, "Russ has been shooting professionally since 1990... what more does he need to learn?" Plenty more!!

There's always new things to learn about photography and new techniques developed that will improve your shots. Keep learning! And building a solid foundation from practice and experimentation will only improve your shots.

In addition, build your business skills and people skills as well. If you can't find the business or can't relate to people, it doesn't matter one bit that you may be the best photographer in the world. Nobody's going to want to hire you because they don't know you exist or because they can't relate to you.

That's my advice to succeed in the photography business.

I'm still learning... and I'm still practicing...

Russ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good advice
Thanks