Monday, September 25, 2006

Can You Wear These?


My bride from this past Saturday's wedding wore these shoes all day!

She's really into shoes (ask anyone) and I was really surprised that she was able to wear these the entire day. Most brides either bring another pair of shoes for the reception or just go barefoot by the time of dancing.

But from what I heard from her bridesmaids, the bride is well known to be able to wear high-heeled shoes all day long and have no problems with it.

Impressive!

For the rest of you brides, consider bringing an alternative pair with you for the reception. And do your bridesmaids a favor and get them something too.

After years of standing on my feet all day at weddings (often I don't get a chance to sit down for more than 30 minutes the entire day) I've learned that the key to whether you can last the entire day often is determined by how comfortable your shoes are. So for me, I wear the most comfortable shoes I can get that look acceptable for a formal event.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. I've worn shoes like that all day at the office OR to a wedding. As a matter of fact, I find that wearing a heel actually takes the stress of the balls of my feet and makes my back hurt less by wearing them.

I hope that clears up how some of us girls can wear them, and some can't!

russlowe said...

Thanks for giving us your insight! It still amazes me though... :)

Russ