Thursday, September 14, 2006

Fly Me To The "Moon"



Ok... I had debated for a while whether to post this image or not, but in the end, it was just too weird not to share it.

In all these years of shooting weddings, this was a first for me. Apparently, this became a tradition for one of my clients and his friends to do a "moon" shot at every wedding they attended. I've blurred the details so as to not show too much, but you get the idea.

I'm just glad I didn't have to take a "full monty" shot of these guys too!

Sorry if this image offends some of you. I'm just doing my job...

Edit note: See the comment section for an explaination of how the "moon shot" came about...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like we need to tell you how this picture became a tradition at all of my husband's friend's weddings. I'll try to make it short:

We went to one of my husband's friend's weddings (a guy he knew in high school). They had put those disposable cameras on the tables at the reception. The groom was kind of conservative, and came over to our table and warned the guys not to do anything crazy with the cameras. Of course this was a challenge, and they then felt obligated to do something crazy. That's when the moon shot started. Ever since, for the past eight years, at every single one of my husband's friends weddings, there was a moon shot. I think we have copies of them all. It's sad that I can pick out who is who now. Some of his friends even have the picture in their wedding album!

So that's the story.

russlowe said...

And now the question everyone is going to want to know is, "Are you putting this shot in YOUR wedding album?" And, is it going to be blurred or not?

lol

Russ

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure yet about putting it in the album. If we do though, we won't censor it. :)