Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Fuji S5 Pro Camera




Well, everyone has been talking about the newest Fuji camera which is slated to hit the market in early 2007. Looks a lot like the Nikon D200, doesn't it? lol

The claim to fame for Fuji cameras has been in their image sensor and the wide dynamic range it offers. Plus, for low light photography, the high ISO ability is very good on their cameras. I use the Fuji S3 Pro all the time when I need a good shot in low light.

But whether this camera will do everything photographers have hoped for in a Fuji camera is yet to be seen. Will I switch to this camera from my S3? I haven't fully decided yet. But I'm just as anxious as the next photographer to see if this new camera will make me excited enough to retire the S3 Pro.

Price? Don't know that either. Doesn't really matter. If it's good and will help me do my job better for my clients, I'll get one. If it's really just a few convenience features, but no real improvement in image quality, I may pass on it. I'll have to wait until 2007 to make the final judgement call.

What happened to the S4 Pro? Vaporware! It doesn't exist!

Edit Note: I found out that the Japanese word for "Four" sounds very similar to the word for "death." So it's possible that the S4 was passed over because of superstition. That doesn't surprise me because I have heard of other superstitious things that are avoided as well. Like the fact that some hotels don't have a 13th floor button on their elevators!

No comments: