Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Class Reunion on Saturday

This Saturday, I won't be photographing a wedding, but instead I'll be attending a 30th year reunion with my fellow classmates from Niles West High School.

I did not attend my 10th year reunion because that year I had just moved to San Diego. And, I didn't even know about the 20th year reunion. So there was no way I wanted to miss this reunion.

Over the years, I really only kept in contact with two friends from high school. They are married to each other and they met in high school as well. I was the bestman at their wedding. But over the years, we always wondered what happened to one of our other good friends from high school.

Through a series of events that ended in a search of the internet to follow the leads presented to us, we found him! He had be living in the Deerfield area all this time! So we contacted him and we all had lunch together after being apart for 30 years! Happily we all connected very well again and we will all be attending the reunion together.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday. Even though I really did not hang out with that many people in high school, I still remember many of the names of the people from my graduating class. I wonder how many people will even remember me. But regardless, I'm curious to find out what everyone have been doing for the past 30 years. Even if nobody remembers me, that's ok. I remember them.

I was not planning on bringing my pro camera equipment to the reunion because I just really wanted to attend for fun. I had planned to just bring my Fuji point & shoot digital camera, but a classmate of mine whom I have known since 8th grade contacted me via email and asked me to bring it so we can take a group photo of our Junior High classmates as well. So I'll have my camera with me, but wonder how much I will actually shoot. I know that once I start, I'll have a hard time stopping and I really don't want to miss out on the fun of just being there to enjoy the evening.

This is really exciting! I can't wait for Saturday!

No comments: