Thursday, October 05, 2006

It's Been One Year of Blogging!

Hard to believe, but I've been blogging for one year now!

My good friend Mike from Michigan recommended that I start blogging. He's a photographer as well and his photography company is called Michael Duane Photography. I met him on one of the photography forums that I frequent and we just hit it off. We met about a year and a half ago and when he came to the Chicago area to take some photography training, we got together and spent something like 5 solid hours talking about photography and weddings!

Mike liked how I wrote on the forums and also from my email correspondences and told me that I could probably do well by blogging. At first, I didn't really want to do it simply because I thought I'd have nothing to write about. But after a while, I got used to it and it seems there are endless things to write about!

I'm glad Mike encouraged me to start blogging. It allows me to keep in contact with my current clients by giving some wedding tips, but it also allows new prospective clients to get a glimpse of how I think and function. And, on occasion, I'll throw in some details of what interests me, just for fun (like guitars, music and forensics.)

Thanks to everyone for tuning in for the past year. The blog has grown a lot and I'm always amazed to see so many people checking it. Like many bloggers, I have a StatCounter on the blog which lets me know where people are when they check in. I'm always happy to see local people checking me out both new and returning visitors, but I get a real kick when I see people all over the world checking it!

I have two visitors who regularly visit me. One is in the Netherlands (who are you???) and the other is in West Chicago. I have no way of knowing who these people are, but it's very flattering to see that they come here so often to see what's new with me. Thanks so much for doing that!

I also have an Aunt in Connecticut who visits me regularly too. And of course, my family from the general Chicago area always check in as well.

And lastly, my clients check in regularly too. With the blog, they can see what I've been up to in the past weeks and it gives them confidence that I'm still doing well in photography.

So thanks to everyone for keeping me blogging. Without you checking, I wouldn't want to do this because it does take time and effort. But I gain so much from writing about photography. It just keeps me sharp at my craft.

Russ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Russ,

Happy Blogging Anniversary! Good Job!

Anita