Sunday, October 08, 2006

Jump Shot


It's about 4:07 AM and I've just finished uploading the images from Saturday's wedding onto my computer and backed up the data. But before finally going to bed, I thought I'd share this wild "Jump" shot that I took at the wedding.

I told the guys that we should do something "fun" and left them to come up with something. Now this is the not the first "jump" shot I've done in all the years I've photographed weddings, but it's the first one I've had that has gotten so much height to the jump! I don't usually direct "fun shots" unless the bridal party can't come up with something fun to do. I like letting them think about what might be fun to do and then we do it. This allows them to be a little creative and sometimes we get lucky and do something totally differenet.

Well the "jump" shot is definitely not different as I've done quite a few over the years. But I don't recall ever having the added launching height of a gazebo used in the past. Just get a load of how much better the "jump" shot is with some added height! And, this was done on a single "take" as well. (Check out the expression on the face of the groomsman on your left...) Good job guys!

OK... time for me to go to bed! Be sure to click on the image to get a closer look. The groom can be seen again on my post on Chicago Skylines from August 7th.

Enjoy!

zzzzzzzz....

No comments: