Sunday, October 08, 2006

Weddings Are Often Long For Me

Yesterday, I left my home around 10:50 AM to arrive on time at the bride's parent's home by 11:45 AM. I usually like to leave a little early in case of traffic.

By the time I left the reception, it was already 11:30 PM. I didn't get home until 12: 20 AM.

So really, I was gone from home for 14-1/2 hours! Of the 14-1/2 hours, I only sat for about 30-40 minutes during dinner. I was on my feet the rest of the time if you don't count sitting while driving back and forth to the wedding.

By the time I took a shower, cleaned my equipment, charged the batteries, uploaded the images to safeguard the files and then went to bed, it was 5:30 AM. So I had been working for about 19-1/2 hours.

I'll have many more hours to do the Photoshop work as well as the album layout and design for this wedding.

In all, most weddings take about 40 hours or more of work.

Anyone who says photographing weddings is easy work doesn't know the half of it! To do it right, it's a full week's worth of work, just like any other job.

No comments: