Monday, November 06, 2006

Beatles Figurine


I'm not sure when I got this little guy, but he was on my birthday cake many years ago! I suppose it had to be sometime around 1964 or 1965 when the British Invasion and Beatle-mania was happening. I hadn't yet learned to play the guitar (that was around 1969) but for some reason, my parents thought I would like a Beatles birthday cake and that I would like the guitar.

Little did they know that just a few years later, I would quit piano lessons and ask them if I could learn guitar instead! Look what happened after that... at last count, I've owned around 19 guitars & basses!

I've always thought this figurine looked like George Harrison, but it's never been specified which Beatle it was. In fact, it never really references The Beatles, but considering it was in the mid-sixties and based on the outfit he's wearing, it's got to be one of The Beatles. Who do you think he looks like?

I kept this figurine all these years because it reminds me of just how much my parents did for me and of course it's guitar-related!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Russ! It's Dustin, the groom from the Old Orchard wedding. This is most definitley George. My father is an enormous Beatle fan and I recognize these bobble heads. Aside from the fact that I'm a huge fan too and I recognized this instantly. I really enjoy your blog, by the way. Of course, it may be because I'm a little biased because you mentioned us on it....

russlowe said...

Thanks Dustin for responding to this post.

Yeah, I kind of figured it was George Harrison.

You are right, it's a "bobble head" figurine. Nobody would have known that from looking at this thing, so you really do know your stuff when it comes to The Beatles!

I'm going to post something else on The Beatles in just a minute...

Russ