Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

My friend Steve gave me a call yesterday to wish me a Happy Thanksgiving. He told me that it was has favorite "holiday" of the year because it is the kind of holiday that does not require anything from anyone except the love of having your family and friends around. No gifts, no expectations.

I think he's right in that Thanksgiving is just about being thankful for all the things you've received for the year.

For me, I'm thankful for my family and friends and for all the new friends I get every year. I meet a LOT OF PEOPLE over the course of a year's time... new clients, potential clients, wedding guests, etc. Sometimes I can't even remember the names or faces of all the people I meet, but they all seem to remember me and my name!

Over the course of a year, I will literally photograph over 10,000 people. Now it may not be portraits of individuals, but sometime during the wedding day, whether it's a family group photo or a table shot of guests, these people will be photographed.

I'm thankful for all the new people I meet every year. Many of my clients refer their family and friends to me and so my client list grows every year. But many of these clients become my friends too, they aren't just my clients.

Take the time today to think how fortunate you are when you are spending time with your family and friends. Life is good!

Wishing all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Russ

No comments: