Thursday, March 22, 2007

Another New Blog Name!

Ok, I'll admit I have one of the strangest Photography Blogs for a photographer.

I cover not only wedding photography, but also forensic science, music and other things that interest me.

Many other photographers check out my blog and I'm always asked, "What Does THAT Have To Do With Photography?" So I figured, that would be a good name for my blog!

Personally, I like blogs that have some variety to them. I think if all I ever did was post images of recent weddings I photographed, it would only interest new brides. I want more than just brides visiting my site. Besides, I have more interests than just wedding photography.

If you are a client or a potential client of mine, you'll get to know me better if you check out my blog. You'll find I enjoy other things besides photography although that is the topic most discussed on this blog.

Keep checking my blog weekly. I update it usually on Mondays and Thursdays, but when something interesting comes up, I'll do updates on other days as well.

Y'all come back now, ya hear?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I view your blog every week. You do a good job.

I am surprised you give so much trade secrets for anyone to see. Aren't you afraid people will take your information and then won't need your services as a photographer?

russlowe said...

Thanks for keeping up on my blog!

As for your question on "trade secrets," no, I'm not worried about it for several reasons:

1. Anyone can look up the photography tips I give on my blog in any photography book, so none of my tips are really "secrets" only I know.

2. Even with the technical knowledge I give, each photographer will approach a given situation differently. I may take a different angle or use a certain technique in shooting a photo which will distinguish my shots from someone elses.

3. Knowing how to take a photo doesn't necessary mean you know when to take that photo! Timing is everything! Experience comes in handy here.

So really, although I may share some knowledge on my blog, that doesn't mean I'm out of a job! To get my shots, you have to be me! :)

Momma said...

i try to read your blog as often as possible :D usually i come in and read like 15 entries that i've missed at once! but i like the diversity of the entries!

russlowe said...

Thanks Gina!

Keep coming back!