Thursday, March 29, 2007

Batman - The 1966 Movie








Back in 1966, the original "Batman" movie hit the theaters.

Many of my friends told me that they were NOT going to go see the movie. Why? They didn't want to be known as kids who liked something as childish as BATMAN! Well guess what? When my brother and I went to the theater to go see the movie, guess who we saw at the movie theater too? Yes... there they were... the kids who said they wouldn't be going to the movie!

Adam West and Burt Ward were the first Batman and Robin. The TV series had a lot of great villans including the ones shown above: The Penguin, The Riddler, Catwoman and The Joker. So when the movie came out and all of these villains were in the movie at the same time, it just HAD to be great!

I have seen the Batman movie many times on TV over the years. And of course when it was available on DVD, I just had to get it! Besides, I bought it for only $5.99, so how could I go wrong?

If you've never seen this Batman movie, I'd highly recommend it. It's so ridiculous that you can't help but laugh at it. The later versions of Batman are more close to how Batman is portrayed in the comic books. But this version of Batman is the one I like the most because that's what I grew up with.

Go buy it, rent it or borrow it!
___________
Note: Images shown here are promotional images from the movie - BATMAN: THE MOVIE © 1966 Greenlawn Productions Inc. and Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation

No comments: