Thursday, March 08, 2007

Flying Off Into The Sunset

Image Courtesy of Gina Formella

While vacationing in Florida, Gina Formella, one of my brides from 2005 photographed this incredible image of a flock of birds flying off into the sunset over the Atlantic Ocean.

Gina is an avid photographer and besides having been one of my clients from the 2005 wedding season, she has also taken one of my photography workshops as well. You can read the testimonial that she wrote for me on my website at http://www.russlowe.com/ regarding her wedding and also her experience of taking one of my workshops.

After her wedding, Gina kept in contact with me and we have exchanged numerous emails about photography. I’m always happy to be contacted by my clients both present and past and it is especially fun when they share a love of photography as well.

Gina has learned well and is applying the things she’s learned in her photography. It’s such a joy to see your students do well and I’m very proud of her. Looking at this photo, you can see how good she is getting at her craft!

Gina used a Nikon D70s camera which set the shutter speed at 1/500 sec to stop the action and a Tamron 17-50mm f 2.8 lens set at 48mm with an aperture of f11. The smaller aperture gives a good depth of field and sharpness. The combination of a fast shutter speed and smaller aperture was enough to keep the sun from being too bright and helped create a nice orange glow. Be sure to click on the image to get a closer look at the birds.

Go Gina!

1 comment:

Momma said...

yay! :D