Thursday, March 29, 2007

Where's George?


Years ago, I received a dollar bill which had been stamped with a “Where’s George” mark on it. I logged into http://www.wheresgeorge.com and entered the serial number of the bill and found that the bill had traveled across the country!

Recently, I received another bill and decided to enter it in as well. This bill hasn’t gone very far according to the site. But it’s always possible that it has exchanged hands many times but nobody bothered to enter it into the system.

I can’t give you the full serial number or the series number of this bill because if you logged in and tried to track my bill, it would throw off the log. But keep an eye out for your own bills that might be marked like this. Then log in and track your bill!

By the way, I only photographed half of the dollar bill. Don’t want to be blamed for counterfeiting! To do that, I’d have to photograph the bill in its entirety and at the same size. Did you know that you can photograph currency as long as it is above or below a certain percentage of the original size without being considered a counterfeiter? Regardless, I didn’t want to do that…

No comments: