Monday, April 30, 2007

Photo Expedition - Want to join the fun?


Several months ago, I sent out an email to some local photographers asking if they were interested in getting together to do a photo expedition somewhere and then go back to my office to work on the post production of the shots we had taken for the day.

A few photographers expressed great interest in this, but others did not.

So, I'll open up the option again, but rather for ANYONE to join me!

If you are an amateur, a pro, or just an average person with a point and shoot camera wanting to learn from the pros.... here's your chance!

I welcome your suggestions on where to go, when to go and what to do for a photo expedition!

Suggestions in the past included:

Brookfield Zoo
Cantigny Park
Chicago Botanic Gardens
Downtown
Museums
Beaches in Evanston

Let me know your ideas and when you are available. You can leave your suggestions in the comments section of this post or email me at photos@russlowe.com

Wedding season is upon us now, so perhaps Sundays are best to have an outing.

I look forward to hearing from all of you! Again, you don't have to be a pro to join us! If you only have a point and shoot digital camera, that's ok too.
____________________
Edit Note: 5-01-07 - Seems like this is going to be a popular outing! So far we have about 10 people who have expressed some interest in attending with 5 for sure! So far, the Zoo is mentioned the most along with my Schaumburg office as the place to go afterwards. But my Schaumburg office is about 25 miles away from the Zoo. My Oakbrook office is only 7 miles from the zoo. Perhaps we can go to my Oakbrook office after the zoo outing to review our photos and then head out for dinner in the Oakbrook area afterwards. Stay tuned for more information...

1 comment:

russlowe said...

So far via email, four people have confirmed that they want to go. So it looks like this event is a "for sure" thing.

Keep the responses coming and thanks for your suggestions too!

Russ