Monday, June 11, 2007

Brookfield Zoo Outing - Lots of Fun











Yesterday was a great day to be at the Zoo! A bunch of local photographers joined my daughter and me for a day at Brookfield Zoo to do a little shooting.

So where are all the animal shots? Well, believe it or not, it was more fun shooting the wild antics of the photographers than the animals!

We were a serious looking bunch... lots of pro gear in tow. Our huge 70-200mm f2.8 lenses dominated the scene as we just blew away all those "tourists" with their little point and shoot cameras! Everywhere we went, I could see the other zoo guests looking at us.

At one point, we saw a sign for someone who was having a wedding shower at the zoo. One of us suggested we go crash it just for fun to see if they might need a wedding photographer!! That would have been a hoot since most of us were professional wedding photographers!

Oh, and if you have not seen any cicadas in your neighborhood and wondered where they were all hiding, I can tell you that they are all hanging out at the zoo! Everywhere we went, we were bombarded by the little bugs! They are huge, but they don't really do anything to you (other than land on you.) We all had a good laugh everytime one landed near Gina! That quick scream was our way of knowing we didn't lose her in the crowd. LOL

Thanks to everyone who attended yesterday. I had a great time and I hope you did as well.

2 comments:

Momma said...

Thank you for organizing such an awesome event!!
And by the way, your daughter screamed just as loud as I did around those creepy crash-diving bugs!! ;)

I've uploaded my zoo pics to my flickr account here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gformella/
You can see them in full size if you're a member otherwise they are only viewable as you see em.

russlowe said...

Yes, you are right... she screamed too!

Thanks for the link to your photos!