Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Day of Music

Forensicguy
(photo courtesy of Dale Janzen)
Algonquin

Marshall

Rollie

Chicago Sandy

Astrummer and JJFields

Alicia and Uncle Dizzy 60

DJanzen

Uncle Dizzy 60


Jim

I spent nine hours yesterday just hanging out with friends from the Acoustic Guitar Forum playing guitar and electric bass!

Our gracious hosts, Jim and Alicia opened up their home once again for a day of guitar fun and food. Like last year's gathering, Jim was slaving over a hot grill and offering us such goodies as Salmon, Filet Mignon, Pork Chops and more. Alicia made all the other non-grillable foods in the kitchen. Chicago Sandy brought her coffee machine and offered up her specialty coffees.

As for music, I got to play electric bass most of the time and that was just fine with me. Uncle Dizzy 60 brought his Fender Precision Bass and I jumped at the chance to play it. JJFields brought his Ultrasound AG-30 amplifier for me to use with my Taylor DDSM guitar. Wow, I've got to get myself one of these! For such a small amplifier, it packs an incredible sound!

To see more images from this year's get together, click here. To see images from last year's gathering, see the June 2006 posts in the archive section of this blog.

No comments: