Monday, July 02, 2007

Another Taylor


This is a Taylor GS8-E Custom.

Last year, I owned a Taylor GS-MSe (Maple sides and back with a Sitka Spruce top with the Expression pickup system installed) and ended up selling it. So this year, I decided to get the new GS8-E Custom which is a guitar with Indian Rosewood sides and back with a Sitka Spruce top. It also has the Expression pickup installed but is considered a "custom" guitar because it has a cutaway. Taylor doesn't make the GS with a cutaway unless it is ordered as a custom guitar.

The Rosewood version of the GS should make the guitar a little warmer sounding than the maple version. Plus the cutaway should make it easier for me to reach the upper frets.

The 2007 version also includes the new 9 Volt Expression system as opposed to the older (2) AA battery sytem. Body sensors can be turned on and off too. And, the new headstock joint makes the neck so much nicer as well! But I'll be removing the pickguard on the guitar like I have done on all the other Taylor guitars I've owned.
_____________________________
By the way, I also picked up a new Taylor DN3 guitar too and will install a K&K Pure Western Mini pickup in it. The DN3 is a dreadnought design with a gloss Sitka Spruce top and satin finished Sapele back and sides. Essentially this new 2007 model replaces the older 310 model. Photos at another time...

No comments: