Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ear Manipulation



When I was younger, I recall going to a grocery store that was run by some of my relatives on my dad's side and getting my ear pulled by my "uncle" whenever he wanted my brother and me to do something for him.

Then, a couple of years ago, I went to the Museum of Science and Industry with my young nephew where we saw a display of someone getting his ear pulled with a caption that read "Manipulation." My nephew immediately said, "That's what Auntie does to me!" (Disclaimer: Not my wife... another "Auntie"!)

At this past Saturday's wedding, the bride wanted a photo taken with her brother. So she immediately grabbed his ear to get his attention. "He's your younger brother, isn't he?" I asked. "Yes," she said. "Figures!" I replied.

Seems to be some kind of trend here, don't you think?

No comments: