Friday, August 10, 2007

Fishing at Busse Woods




Not too far from my Schaumburg office is a forest preserve called Busse Woods. I used to get up early in the mornings and go there to fish. I haven't done that in years.

I found it very relaxing to be out there by myself and just sit on a stool while waiting for the fish to bite. I'd catch bullheads or catfish, but an occasional walleye came my way. But the most common fish I caught was a really small fish called bluegills. They are so small, they always get tossed back into the lake. I recall one time my daughter was with me and she caught a frog! That really "freaked" us out!

I usually did the "catch and release" that other anglers do, but once in a while, I'd bring home my catch if it was legal size. And yes, I had a fishing license!

Last week, I went back out to Busse Woods to do some photography with a friend who is getting into photography. So I showed him my favorite fishing spot. This may not be the best place to fish, but it looks nice and it's a good place to go if you want to have some time to reflect.

No comments: