Saturday, September 08, 2007

Texas Guitar Show - St. Charles, IL












Today, I attended the "Texas Guitar Show" which was being held at the DuPage Expo Center in St. Charles, IL. It runs Sept 8 and 9.

My friends Jim and Alicia got there before me and had already purchased a "Lefty" Taylor DDSM (Doyle Dykes Signature Model) and a Fender acoustic guitar amp!

This is one of the nicest DDSM's I've ever seen! This guitar has got incredible Quilted Maple on it's back and sides!

Alicia met Doyle earlier this year at one of his Taylor workshops at Sam Ash Music in Lombard, IL (see my May 17, 2007 post about Doyle and Haley.) So now she owns one of his guitars!

Ironically, I had recently sold my DDSM and got an email message from Doyle yesterday about it! Don't worry, Doyle has forgiven me for that.... NOT! :)

The show was really interesting. I've never been to one of these kinds of shows. But from what Jim tells me, the show in Arlington, TX is much larger. Still, it was fun to go see all of these guitars in one huge room! I was surprised to see people buying guitars with CASH! Wow... that's a lot of $20 bills!

To see more photos from the show, click here.

No comments: