Monday, September 24, 2007

Tight Squeeze


Every week, I look for images and interesting stories to put up on my blog. This week, this image grabbed my attention.

At Saturday's wedding while heading down the elevator to get to our ride to the church, the bride, one of her attendants and I squeezed into the small elevator in the hotel. I immediately took a quick shot as the attendant was adjusting the bride's dress. Inside the cramped elevator were mirrors all around. I figured it might make an interesting shot because we'd be able to see the bride's face in the mirror. But not only do we see the bride, but you can clearly see me taking the photo! Not often do you see me in any photos... so to see me at work is something that's very rare.

On occasion, a guest will try to take my photo. It seems they like seeing me at work and try their best to photograph the photographer. When that happens, I usually turn quickly and take a shot of them, taking a shot of me. It's just a little retaliation on my part!

This shot is interesting though. I caught myself while working!

Two other things made this wedding stand out.

While heading to the church in the rented trolley car, a car tried to turn left in front of the trolley and almost hit us! At the last moment, the trolley driver swerved and we missed the car. I was ready to take photos of the impending accident, but never got the chance.

Also, while at the reception, one of the priests came up to me to tell me that he appreciated the fact that I was very unobtrusive at the wedding. "I hardly knew you were there and I appreciate you making the effort to not disturb the ceremony!" (It was a LONG Catholic ceremony!) How nice! I was really touched to hear that because many photographers have been blasted by the clergy lately for being such trouble at weddings! I thanked the priest and told him how much I appreciated his comment.

It was a fun time shooting on Saturday for a very nice couple. I'm lucky to have such wonderful clients!

No comments: