Friday, November 09, 2007

"Who Writes This Stuff?" - Part Two




Back in August, I wrote about some really strange fortunes I've been finding in Fortune Cookies lately.

But I had to share this one with all of you too!

Last night, my wife and I went to one of the Asian food markets here in the Chicago area and we bought a bag of sunflower seeds thinking they were shelled. After looking more closely at the bag, my wife discovered that they still had the shells on and so she was rather discouraged. I thought it was a waste of money since I have no intentions of cracking the shell off these small seeds just to get to the "meat" of the seed. Too much work.

But all was not wasted because this is what we read...

"Crack the shell with your teeth, eat the seed and spit the shell. Be cautious don't eat the seed without spitting the shell!"

Who writes this stuff?! That statement alone made the purchase worth it! LOL

Edit Note: After trying some, these actually aren't too bad! Nice Licorice flavor to them, but it's just too much work for me to crack the shells. Plus I'm a lousy spitter too...

No comments: