Monday, December 31, 2007

The Last Day Of The Year

What do you do on the last day of the year?

Some folks go out on New Year's Eve to celebrate the coming of the New Year. Others stay home and watch Dick Clark do that for them. What do you do?

I don't have any real plans for New Year's Eve. Every year, I just "play it by ear." Often my family will gather at one of my in-law's home during New Year's Day. But this year, nothing has been planned, at least not yet.

At the end of the year, I do often look back to see what I've done for the year. This year has really "flown by" for me. I can't believe how quickly 2007 has gone by. I was busy with weddings as usual, but not much else has happened for the year.

The typical things were purchased for the year: a new car, new camera gear, lots of guitars came in and out of my home (I buy and sell these a lot it seems!) But nothing really stands out for 2007.

So what's in store for 2008? I'm not sure. A Nikon D300 has already been purchased for the 2008 wedding season. It will supplement the two Fuji S5 cameras. I don't expect to buy another new car in 2008, but you can never tell! My wife's car is starting to go and we are hoping to stretch it out another year, but you can never tell when these things require immediate attention! As for guitars? I'm rather satisfied with my Epiphone and Goodall guitars right now. But again, you can never tell...

Bookings for 2008 continue to keep coming in. That's a good thing. Many of these are referrals and that's great! But I'd like to see some more "new" clients too from the internet. Besides word-of-mouth advertising, the internet is where I find most of my new clients. It's also a challenge to get new brides to meet with me because they have absolutely no idea if I'm a good photographer or a bad one. Referrals often know my background already because their friends or relatives have told them all about me. But new clients don't have a clue at all about me. So gaining them as clients is always a big "victory" for me! I am always excited when a new client comes to me from out of the blue and books me!

Here's wishing you all a Happy and Prosperous 2008!

No comments: