Monday, December 24, 2007

One More Day To Christmas!

Hard to believe that it's almost Christmas! This year has really "flown" by!

Like many families, we are spending time with family. I recall growing up, our family (on my dad's side) would get together every Christmas Eve... rotating each year from each of my aunts and uncle's homes. And early in the day, my family would all go to my dad's company's Christmas Party.

As kids, my brother and I would go to my dad's company and ride on the forklifts (we weren't supposed to, but we'd do it anyway) and we'd climb the stacks of boxes in the warehouse. We'd look forward to the party that day at the factory because there would be lots of food and games. I recall the company played "BINGO" and there would be prizes given away to all the winners of the game. Even if they did not win, the employees there would still get something. Everyone had a great time.

Then later in the day, we would all go to our aunt or uncle's home (whoever's home it was for that year's rotation) and all my cousins would have a great time.

Now, after being married and having a daughter of my own, my family spends time with my wife's family. My brother spends time with his wife's family. My sister is in California and my mom is in Florida. So my family has gone our separate ways during the holiday. But that doesn't mean we don't call each other to wish each other a Merry Christmas. We may not be together physically, but we are there with each other in spirit.

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: