Monday, February 04, 2008

Gibson Advanced Jumbo


Photos courtesy of Jeff Mills

Here's what's coming soon!

I really liked the sound of the Epiphone AJ-500R and decided that I would try the "real deal" and get the Gibson Advanced Jumbo (AJ) to replace it.

This guitar is a re-issue of the 1936 Advanced Jumbo guitar. The original AJ guitars are very rare (about 300 were made) and those now sell for $25,000 - $35,000 or more!

I have never owned a sunburst-finished acoustic guitar, but I have owned a couple of Gibson Les Paul sunburst electric guitars. Gibson is famous for their sunburst guitars!

The AJ is known to be very loud with great clarity and depth in its tone. I will be installing yet another K&K Pure Western Mini pickup into this guitar. The K&K is one of the best sounding pickups on the market in my opinion.

Can't wait to play this guitar to see if it lives up to all the hype. If it's anything like the Epiphone AJ-500R I just sold, it should be incredible! Special thanks to Jeff Mills for the photos. He did an incredible job photographing the guitar!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was looking for ebony tuner buttons for my custom Martin with mini gotoh's and your blog appeared with Gibson advanced jumbo pic.I just bought one and it is a cannon.Comes stock with a bone nut and sadle and has a real balanced sound.It is as loud as my Martin which I am always being told to turn down.Sorry no volume knob. Anyways never been into Gibson acoustics my SJ200 just had no real projection.I live in Bozeman Montana where they make all thier acoustics Then I picked up an AJ, played it,and bought it on the spot.You won't be dissappionted.The more you play it the more it opens up.From a fellow guitar nut, Enjoy and God bless.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Christian. My AJ should be showing up next week. Can't wait!