Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ovation - Legend Nylon-String / Super Shallow Bowl


This Ovation guitar has lasted longer than any other acoustic guitar that has come and gone from my home in the past several years.

It's a super shallow bowl Ovation so it's really easy to play when performing standing up. All Ovations are a little difficult to hold while seated, but it's not too bad when you use a strap even when seated.

The preamp that's built-in is the OP-X type which is extremely quiet. The battery lasts a long time as well.

My aunt and uncle gave me the money needed to buy this guitar, so it has sentimental value to me. They believed in me and my love for music and wanted me to be able to play the type of music I enjoyed playing. So I purchased a nylon string guitar with the funds.

This guitar sounds better than many other nylon-string guitars I've tried and it also plays a lot easier too. And plugged-in, well, it's hard to beat.

Not long after getting the Ovation, I was invited to sit-in with Kevin So at The House Of Blues in Chicago. Kevin is an up-and-coming musician whose music has had many great reviews. I had a great time playing with him and played lead guitar with this nylon-string guitar that evening. Plus it was very cool to be able to play at The House of Blues too! Rock on!

No comments: