Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Celine Dion - "A New Day" - DVD


I decided to stay up all night for a marathon viewing session and watch Celine Dion's 2 disc DVD set entitled, "A New Day" and I have to tell you, it was well worth it!

While I enjoyed her music before watching the DVD, I am now so much more impressed with her and the Las Vegas production that was put together to showcase her. The show lasted many years in Las Vegas and after watching this DVD, I'm sad I didn't get to see it in person.

If you want to see the most expensive live show ever put together, this is it. Perhaps even more amazing than the show DVD itself, is the accompanying DVD which gives you an "insider's look" of the entire show day. You'll get to see how the show is put together... while it happens! You'll see Celine on stage performing and on a split screen, you'll see the dancers getting ready.

There's a lot of hard work involved to put together this kind of show and it takes a lot of talented people, both on-stage and off. I really appreciated this DVD because it reminded me of how hard my own daughter and her fellow dancers had to work to put on their dance show at her high school (see my post February 20, 2008 post - John Hersey High School Orchesis.)

Whether you like Celine Dion or not, there's no denying that she is extremely talented and that this show is simply breathtaking.

Watch both discs of this DVD set. You won't be sorry.

No comments: