Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm Back From Vegas!

The View Outside the Condo




Paris Hotel

Ballys Hotel

Gary Fong Demonstrates the Chrome Dome

Gary Fong signs autographs for his book "Snaps"

"Mr. & Mrs. Claus" - Outside of Circus Circus

Caesar's Palace

"Star Trek - The Experience" at the Hilton Hotel

I'm back from attending the 2008 WPPI tradeshow in Las Vegas! WPPI stands for "Wedding and Portrait Photographers International." The tradeshow is the largest of its type and about 10,000 photographers gather for it.

The convention was held at the Ballys and Paris Hotels, but I stayed at my sister's condo which was at the other end of the Las Vegas strip, near the Hilton Hotel and the Convention Center. Not as convenient as staying at a room in Ballys but I'll guarantee it was a better room than most people had! My traveling partner (another photographer from Chicago) told me it was the nicest place he'd ever stayed in... yeah, it was THAT good!

The scenic images above are the views outside of the condo.

The tradeshow had a LOT of things to see and we also attended many seminars as well. I was especially interested in seeing all the albums available from the album vendors. There are a lot of choices! I'll be incorporating some of them for future weddings.

It was a tiring trip, but well worth it. And, who can complain being in weather in the low 70's? After all, today I had to deal with all the snow that fell in Chicago! I want to go back to Vegas to get away from this snow!!! Oh, and how much money did I lose in Vegas? Not a cent. I didn't gamble. But the cost of food and taxi rides were unbelievable!

No comments: