Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Nikon D3 and Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 FX





Coming soon is the Nikon D3...

This is a full-frame (similar to 35mm film) digital camera. It's Nikon's top-of-the-line digital camera. It's claim to fame is that it is the first full frame digital camera from Nikon and that it has the ability to shoot low light photos up to ISO 6400 with very little noise. And, it can also go as high as ISO 25,600 too! Oh, and it can shoot up to 11 FPS (frames per second) making it the fastest sports camera in the world as well.

I have a new "standard" lens coming too... the Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 FX lens. This lens will replace my trusty Nikon 17-55mm f2.8 DX lens. Essentially the focal lengths are the same, but one is for full frame and the other is for 1.5 crop DX format. This new lens is also the top of the line in "standard" zooms.

What does this mean for my photography? Well, more ambient light photos are in the works for me! I'll be able to easily shoot in any lighting condition, including dark churches. Plus, images should be sharper with the help of faster shutter speeds and a sharper lens. The drawback I see immediately though is the weight. With flash and bracket, I'll be handholding over 6.25 lbs of camera equipment... not to mention my heavy camera/lens belt system I wear all day too!

This is a hefty investment, but I expect it to be well worth it. My clients deserve the best and this is it! Besides, more toys for me to play with. :)

No comments: