Monday, May 19, 2008

Photographing Destination Weddings

Destination Wedding
Chattanooga, TN

Ruby Falls
Chattanooga, TN

Every now and then, I get asked if I would be willing to travel to another state to photograph a wedding. My answer has always been, "Sure! Why not?"

As long as my airfare, hotel accomodations (a day before and a day after the event is required), cab fare, car rental, gas, incidentals and meal expenses are paid on top of my normal wedding booking fees, I'm good. Other photographers also add in the extra time away from their home base (remember, we need to be there a day before and a day after the wedding) but I don't require that. I just ask that for those added days... the accomodations, meals and car expenses be covered.

Just last year, I photographed the wedding of guitarist Doyle Dyke's daughter in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The only things I asked Doyle to pay extra for were the airfare, hotel, car and meal expenses. It worked out just fine, AND I even got a chance to take in a little of the local tourist attractions too by visiting a local cave (see photo above). (Also check out the June 4, 2007 entry in the archives of my blog for more photos from last year's destination wedding.)

So, will I travel for a wedding? Sure thing! Tell all your out-of-state friends! :)

No comments: