Monday, June 16, 2008

Digital Is The Accepted Medium Today

It's hard to believe that just a few years ago, I was still being asked if I could shoot a wedding with film!

People were still wondering if digital gave a good quality to wedding photography and so they would ask, "Do you shoot film or digital?" I don't get that question so much today. I do still get the occasional, "Is that camera digital?" But I rarely, if ever, get someone asking if I can shoot their wedding with film.

I think today, most people have come to acknowledge that digital is a fact of life now. We can thank things like TV as a contributing factor. I think by now, everyone knows that by Feb 2009, all TV's will have to be digital or you just won't be able to receive "free" TV over the airwaves. If you still have one of the older analog TV's, you'll need a digital converter box to receive the digital signals. But because of all the advertising on TV today about this new digital change, I think people are beginning to see that this is the wave of the future.

So for photographers, the question of film vs. digital will soon be a thing of the past. That's ok with me. I've gone fully digital for many years now!

No comments: