Saturday, June 21, 2008

Farmer Wants A Wife - Update


Matt
Brooke

Christa

Images borrowed from CWTV.com website


Well, I watched this week's episode and I was shocked that Amanda has been given the boot!

I thought she was the front runner since Matt's family liked her so much. But Brooke has taken the lead instead! I've been thinking Brooke would be Matt's choice all along, but Amanda seemed to make such a good impression with Matt's family. Brooke obviously has a lot more in common with Matt since she does have interest in the country and doing "country" things like hunting (per her bio on the website) and country line dancing, but I still thought it would come down to Amanda and Brooke. But this week, Matt eliminated two girls, Amanda and Kanisha (who I never thought had a real chance anyway.)

So now we are down to two girls... Brooke and Christa. I never would have guessed Christa would be in the running either. She just does not seem to have a connection to farming in my opinion. She's too connected to New York (per her bio on the website.) And she seems so bitter all the time, at least she is towards Brooke.

Christa really dislikes Brooke since she feels Brooke ruined her date with Matt by sneaking around outside with Lisa (already eliminated in an earlier episode) when they got back from their date. Christa was the first to have a date with Matt. And ever since then, it's been a showdown between the two with Christa never forgiving Brooke, although Brooke tried to tell her that she did not intend to ruin her date. They just returned back sooner than Brooke thought they would.

Perhaps Matt wants to see what would happen between the two rivals in the final week... who knows. But I'm still confident Brooke will win in the end. Brooke does seem rather insecure though whenever one of the other girls cozy up to Matt. But Matt did admit that Brooke was charming his relatives and the towns people... a hint, perhaps? I never really saw any connection between Matt and Christa so having her around still makes no sense to me.

We'll find out next week on the final episode who will be the new Farmer's Wife! Stay tuned! But here's a question... can you find true love through an elimination process of a reality TV show??? Well, if they really do get married after this show, they are going to need a wedding photographer right? Wouldn't it be cool for me to go out there and shoot that?! (Read the June 4th post for my initial comments on this show.)

No comments: