Thursday, June 19, 2008

Museum of Science and Industry

The museum was celebrating its 75th anniversary!


The Idea Factory is just for kids


Prenatal Development in Various Stages


What happened to the "body slices" that used to be in the stairway?

The kids loved watching the cloned animals!

This is how the Wright Brothers flew!


Couldn't have gotten this shot without the D3!


The ONLY way to travel!


The Museum of Science and Industry was my favorite museum growing up in Chicago. I recall when I was young, I looked forward to any trip to the museums! I still look forward to it!

Today, I had my Nikon D3 and 24-70mm f2.8 lens with me and I was anxious to see how well the camera could do taking photos at the museum with just the ambient light and no flash. Once again, I was not disappointed at all with the results.

To get the right "feel" of the various colors at the museum, ambient lighting is the way to go. Take out a flash and you'd lose all the glory of that colorful light!

Many of the images required a slow shutter speed and a high ISO setting. No problem for the D3's full frame sensor. These images remained sharp and clean! And, the auto white balance did a great job keeping colors the same as I saw it in person.

No comments: