Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Acoustic Guitar Forum CD - Volume 1




Many of you know that I enjoy playing guitar and have posted many of my guitars here on my blog. But what many of you probably don't know is that I had aspirations of becoming a full-time musician or a recording engineer early on in my life!

I've been playing guitar since 1969 (yeah, a LONG TIME) and I still do that today. I've also recorded several projects over the years too as engineer. I learned recording engineering from one of the best engineers around... Gary Hedden. Gary has worked with people like Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, James Taylor, Gloria Estefan, Wynonna, Steve Winwood, Amy Grant, Tommy Sims, Raul Malo, Suzy Bogguss, Don Potter, Phil Keaggy and Chester Thompson... to name a few.

So what have I been up to with my recording knowledge? Well, I became a court expert in Forensic Audio for one thing... but most recently, I produced a CD project for my on-line guitar forum friends at The Acoustic Guitar Forum. I am a moderator of this forum and I was lucky enough to get to be the producer of our first Forum CD!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum CD - Volume 1 has songs from a bunch of talented guitarists who are part of our forum community and have contributed their songs to help promote our forum. As of this post, we currently have 25,156 members, which makes us one of the largest (if not THE largest) acoustic guitar forums on the internet.

I'm proud of the efforts of our members both on the production end of producing the CD and also the artistic portion of the CD from the recording artists who contributed their songs to the cause.

If you want to hear some of the songs, visit this site and you'll get to hear some sound clips of the songs. And, if you really want a treat, order a copy of the CD as well.

As the producer of the CD, I spent nearly one year getting everything together. It was a lot of effort, but well worth it. Enjoy!

No comments: