Saturday, August 16, 2008

Chicago Air & Water Show - August 16, 2008







This is the first year that I was able to go to the Chicago Air & Water Show and stay the full day! Often I'm shooting a wedding while the show is happening, but this year, I wasn't booked on the weekend of the show.

So my family took the whole day and spent it at the show and also at Lincoln Park Zoo. These images are just a small sampling of the images I shot at the show.

While we were at the zoo, one of the planes came so low that the impact of the sound of the engines set off someone's car alarm! The roar of the jets was deafening and the impact on your body was hard to ignor. These planes are POWERFUL!

The Blue Angels closed the show and of course they did not disappoint.

Hope you like these shots! Be sure to click on each image to see a larger version.

No comments: