Monday, August 04, 2008

Time Flies

(I like this image a lot. She's in focus, but he's not. Click to enlarge.)


(The classic portrait...)

Yesterday, I photographed an engagement session for the daughter of my best friends from high school. Wow... time flies!

It's hard to believe that time really goes by so fast. I can still recall the fun times when her mom, dad and I were in high school. I was the best man at her parents' wedding and I even played my guitar and sang at their wedding. Now their daughter is getting married in November. And yes, I'll be photographing the wedding.

Although we had originally planned to do an e-session downtown, we had forgotten that a huge concert was going on in the Grant Park area. So to avoid the massive traffic jams that would undoubtedly be caused by the concert, we moved our session up north instead and decided to go for photos with more vegetation in the background instead.

Interestingly, while we were doing our photos, we saw an otter (it was either that or a huge swimming rat!), a couple of frogs and a deer! Unfortunately, the animals were faster than I was and were not captured by the camera. And the deer was spotted while I was driving...

I'm looking forward to the November wedding. It will be an honor to photograph this wedding.

No comments: