Monday, November 17, 2008

Maternity Session

I photographed a maternity session with one of my past wedding clients on Friday. We used the space you see on the previous post about Temporary Studio Space. The space is a rented room in one of the local park district buildings but it works out for the time being as I contemplate whether to open up an actual studio or just to continue to do studio work on-location.

While the client has allowed me to use her images for any promotional purposes I would like, I think it's probably best not to post them on the internet via my blog. However, I will show the images to anyone who cares to see them in person during an actual pre-session consultation. And don't forget, for all you brides out there... when it's your turn to go through this, don't forget to call me for your maternity session! I can easily do the same thing for you!

The session went very quickly. It actually took me more time to set up and to tear down the equipment than to do the session! Still, I learned from the experience that I should probably book about 2 to 2-1/2 hours time at the room just so that I won't be so tired out from rushing around! Most of that time is just for me to set up and strike the set afterwards.

I've also ordered a few additional items of equipment which will help in the quality of the portraits as well. For instance, a new strip-light softbox will be added for the hair light. While the current method of using a grid on the light works, the softbox will allow several people to be under that light overhead and still have proper hair lighting. I made it work for the maternity client on Friday (both mother and father were in those photos) using just the grid, but it was a bit of a struggle to do it. With the new softbox, it will be easy to get up to four people properly lit with hair lighting!

Please help spread the word that I have now expanded my services to include studio portrait work as well as weddings!

No comments: