Friday, November 07, 2008

Studio Gear


This evening, I decided to setup the portable studio equipment in preparation for creating studio-quality portraits for my clients.

With this lighting rig, I am able to adjust lighting ratios "on-the-fly" via a remote control. Very cool! The older lighting equipment I've used in the past could not do this. This new technology will allow me to create some interesting images... everything from the standard "headshot" to the dramatic lighting you see in some fashion magazines.

But this all comes at a price. As you can see, you need a lot of room and it tends to get a little messy with all the lights, stands and softboxes! By the way, the hair light is suspended by a huge boom stand so that the light can be overhead and directed as needed.

So if you or someone you know need some quality studio portraits... give me a call. I have a larger location than what's shown here which can accomodate us! I'll show more images of that in a later post. That space will allow me to pull out my large backdrops (10 feet x 20 feet) so we won't need to use small backdrops like the one shown here. But these smaller backdrops work just fine for headshots.

No comments: