Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gary Fong's Modified Parker Fly Guitar

Original Image by Gary Fong


Famed photographer Gary Fong and I both like playing guitars. But he's not happy with the look of the Parker Fly. So he took the guitar and had it modified by having it professionally cut and finished as seen in the middle photo. Still, he wasn't happy, so now he's considering modifying it again like the photo on the far right.

Personally, I think having a small little "nub" on the upper bout looks better. So I "re-modified" the middle photo to what I thought might look good by rounding out the cut (see the image on the right in the second photograph.) Be sure to click on the images to take a closer look.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dunno looks like a tea kettle.

Anonymous said...

Dunno looks like a tea kettle.

russlowe said...

Aw... get your mind off the Chinese thing! :)

But yeah, I can see that... LOL

If you just hack it off, it really looks like you "hacked it off."

Ok... how about rounding out the other part of upper bout too? Maybe that squared off look is too much to match the other nub? I'll try again and post another...