Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dayna Malow

Dayna Malow is an up and coming country singer that I think you should know.

If you check her website, you will find that she grew up in Skokie, IL. Yes, that's local for us here in the Chicagoland area! While I suppose we all may wonder how a girl from the midwest could possibly sing country music, I have news for you... she does and does it well too!

Go to her website to hear for yourself. Dayna has streaming music running on her site and the songs are full versions of her latest CD. I became an instant fan after I checked out her site!

This evening, Dayna purchased a pair of speakers from me because I was selling them at a great price. While I continue to play live, I don't do it all that often anymore and so I wanted to sell the speakers while they were still popular. Dayna saw my ad and responded. She spent something like 30 seconds listening to them before saying, "I'll take them!" Fastest sale I've ever made! :)

Besides paying me more than I asked for them (I didn't have exact change for her and so we were off by $2.00) she also gave me a copy of one of her CD's! Wow, I made extra money and got a free gift as well! But stupidly, I forgot to have her autograph it for me. So I suppose one day, I'll have to surprise her at one of her concerts and get her to do that for me!

Dayna's website has her concert schedule as well. She's consistently booked, so that means she's in demand. That's great! She's even opened shows for such artists as Billy Ray Cyrus, The Doobie Brothers, John Hiatt, Alana Davis, Michael McDermott and Blake Shelton.

Thanks again to Dayna for the speaker purchase and the free CD. I'll return the favor with some photos one day!

No comments: