Friday, November 13, 2009

Bird At The Doorstep



I found this little guy with his wings all spread out, laying by our front doorstep this afternoon.

At first I thought perhaps he may have hit the front door and fell there. But after checking him out more, I don't think so. He looked just fine and he refused to leave! So I just had to grab my camera to take a couple of photos of him.

Afterwards, I picked up the doormat and shook it to try to coax him to fly off. No way. He just wanted to hang around so he dug his little nails into the mat and hung on. Even turning the mat vertically, he hung on. He even walked up the mat a little.

I left him alone to go put my copyright notice on the photos so that I could post it here on my blog and then went back to check up on him. He was gone.

I guess he wanted to just stop by to say hi.

Be sure to click on each image for a closer look.

No comments: